Sunday 28 December 2008

New Job New Start New Me

New Job New Start New Me
Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:33 pm LynneE


What a week! No training for 3 weeks Cough got better. Got caught up in this stupid Zahada – quite the most frustrating and annoying thing I’ve ever done. Shows basically what an obsessive compulsive personality I’ve got. It has helped in many ways though. Made me exercise the grey matter and think of problems from a different perspective. Took my mind off jobs. Registered with yet more agencies. Interview on Thursday went really well. Seems like a really laid back Company. Perfect working arrangements. Flexitime so I can do 4 ½ hours a day term time so I can take and pick up the kids from school and school holidays 3 x 7 ½ hour days so I can have 2 days off with them. The more they told me about the job the more perfect it seemed. The only downside is a 1/3 cut in salary. They let me know 2 hours later that I’d got the job and could start tomorrow. I was absolutely ecstatic. It has taken so much pressure off me. I am extremely fortunate to have any job in this present climate. Decided yesterday, even though I felt much better, that I had to give the house a proper Spring clean. If I’m going to be working 5 days needed to get to a level where I can keep on top of it. Yet another whimp out of training. Due to poor planning the wheat free’s gone out the window. Fortunately I’ve kept off last weeks loss. Have had far too much to drink this week too. Celebrated getting the job on Thursday and a few too many last night too. Was reading Joxter’s thread. OMG that is a scary amount of alcohol Think I’ll give up in the week and then heavy training Saturday and Sunday will mean may partake in one or two on a Sunday night. This morning…no excuses. Raining. The Sue cap trick. If your face doesn’t get wet it’s not raining. So what route? Straight back up to the hour? A swifty 20 mins to break me in gently? Compromised with 5k. Started off at my normal snail’s place. Not good. Legs felt like lead. Lungs were on fire. Did a deal with myself if I could just get to the top of the hill I could cut back. These deals never work. Just another lamppost. Just to the end of the road. Next thing Transition Ted’s beeping his horn and waving at me which makes me speed up and home comes around very quickly. A minute slower than usual but just so pleased to have got back out there. The PC’s died and the grand plan was on it. Engineer not coming out until Tuesday so I’ll have to wing it a bit this week. Monday- Friday Gym 45mins (opens at 7 and have to get back to get the kids to school. Will decide what I’m going to do by who’s there, who’s supervising and how I feel. Saturday run 60 mins. Sunday cycle 90mins. Need to get a swim session in there somewhere but the local pool’s shut for refurbishment so need to sort an alternative. Got a family do on Wednesday so won’t be able to run with Sue again. It’s worked out quite nicely. 13 weeks until the half so a hotch potch this week and then start the real 12 week plan. 13 weeks to get from 5k to a half? I’ve had my illness. I’ve had my injury so as long as I can keep them at bay I am confident.

No comments: