Sunday 28 December 2008

Blame Sue

Blame Sue
Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:14 am LynneE


I’ve read some great things about Sue this week. About the support and encouragement she always gives to newcomers on TT. To all of you who have never met Sue – all I can say is the support you get in the forum is nothing to what you get in the flesh. Before I met Sue my ultimate ambition was to complete a Sprint. I’ve done 3. Entered a half marathon, pencilled in to do Bala oly in September and ultimate ambition is to do Bala Middle 2010. I have never wanted to do an Ironman. I swore I would never think about an Ironman. I have too many family commitments to train for an Ironman . IMUK Bolton… It’s too close not to think about. 2009 is definitely too short notice but… if I could do an Oly early in 2009 and a half late on then IMUK Bolton would be a distinct possibility for 2010. Running with Sue and the girls this week I was whinging “Sue I can’t do this! My legs are too heavy.” I wanted sympathy. I wanted “It’s ok turn back.” What I got was “They’ll feel far heavier after the bike so get used to it! “ Tough love yup but I walked less and finished 5 miles 5 minutes quicker. Thanks Sue

No comments: