Sunday 28 December 2008

The 2009 Plan

The 2009 Plan
Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:52 pm LynneE


Apologies again it's long Before anyone gets mightily impressed with what you’re about to read – I can’t take the credit – it’s mostly Sue’s. 2009 I’ve 2 main A races, the half marathon in February and Bala Standard (oly) in September. Both new to me. The other races. Chirk, Diva Divas and Llanrwst are just for measuring improvement. I’ve come to the conclusion (due a lot to Wiganers blog) that I can’t continue the training on a wing and a prayer there has to be a plan. So until February each week 3 runs, 2 bikes and 1 swim. After Feb can review but will only need 2 runs since will have the running and distance in legs from half marathon training so can concentrate on bike and swim. Enough time to increase their distances for Bala in September. Runs 1 long endurance run 1 hilly run for strength and muscular work (4-6 miles) 1 paced run (so not teaching myself to run slow 3-5miles n the treadmill ) Was looking at increasing long run by 10mins a week but to do 3 weeks then back off a week to avoid injury am going to have to increase by more than 10mins to be ready for half Bike will try for an outdoor longer ride if weather permits. Again endurance thinking increasing distance for Sept Bala. 1 on static bike, need to see what it does to mix and match hill training with intervals. Swim could wait till after Feb but some would keep me ticking over bearing in mind need to increase distance for Bala. So between now and half, concentrating on run. Then can review after half for next lot of training. Entered the half to give me focus for the winter but really think it was the right decision as running was by far my weakest discipline. I am very conscious I will have to put in a lot of bike mileage February onwards and will need to take every opportunity to swim open water. So the plan… Would rather go long in daylight so long run Saturday and long bike on Sunday and if I don't manage long run on Saturday WILL do it on Sunday and drop the long bike and won't beat myself up over it. Wednesdays – an hour hilly with Sue Will use treadmill for speed. Really struggle. I know it's psychological and boredom. Just got to knuckle in there I guess? So... Monday Gym Treadmill 5k TT Tuesday Gym bike Wednesday Run 60mins hilly Thursday Rest Friday Swim Saturday Long Run Sunday Long Bike All of course subject to flexibility. Pretty much stuck to the script except missed the swim and the hilly run was 85mins. The other biggie is Nutrition. I have got to lose 4 ½ stone by April. I’ve identified the benefits of wheat free. I’ve identified the benefits of longer consistent training. Job is great but a mediocre sandwich from the buttie van every day is not good. Will substitute for oatcakes and fruit. Am pretty much into the sensible shopping habit which helps enormously as meals are all planned which reduces temptation. Cold still bad. Tried the liquid beechams. Tried the tablet beechams. Tried the no training. Tried the hard training. Last night tried the ½ bottle of brandy, kill or cure approach. Combined with a particularly frosty long run this morning – might actually be getting somewhere. Suffered with migraine though. Frost and sunshine always trigger one. Plus sunglasses were well steamed up.

No comments: