Sunday 2 November 2008

Posted On Tri Talk 24 October

I've Lost My Job
Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:22 pm LynneE


I've lost my job and the relief is enormous. It's been on the cards for a while. The "R" word and all that jazz. The business was incredibly busy all Summer. Companies were reluctant to take on permanent staff so used agency workers and then on the 1st October it was as if someone switched a light off and the hours reduced dramatically. Incredibly my first thought was "Great I'll be able to get out and do more training." Then the reality of 3 kids and Christmas on the way sunk in. There are very few jobs out there so I've decided to set up my own bookkeeping, payroll and business consultancy company. I have no idea how thew market lies but I've got 4 weeks to dip my toe in until the money runs out. And if push comes to shove... anyone want a cleaner?

No comments: