Wednesday 9 September 2009

I Have A Dream

I Have A Dream...
Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:52 pm LynneE

Training is ticking over quite nicely thank you very much.

Not doing a lot, not sticking to the plan but I’m happy with 3 or 4 sessions a week.

Back in Slimming World. Not doing too well. I have honestly written down everything I’ve eaten and drunk over the last 2 ½ weeks. It makes very interesting (and highly unpleasant) reading.

Loving the new job. Start full time on Monday which means I’m going to have to be highly organised over shopping and meal planning which should help. Cait’s decided she wants to be a vegetarian which I haven’t got a problem with. I’ve found some great veggie ideas. It’s just a case of getting the balance right for Jim who’s a huge meat lover.

As some of you may know, when Daz posted his Offa’s Dyke thread, I offered logistical support for North Wales.

What did I know about Offa’s Dyke? Very little actually. There’s a pub about 8 miles from here called The Offa’s Dyke so I knew it must be about somewhere. The path is less than 5 miles away from my house I’m ashamed to say and it took Daz’s little jaunt to bring it to my attention.

I have no spacial awareness, no sense of direction and am completely crap at following a map/directions so made my husband come with me to find the rendez vous point. It was at the foot of Moel Fammau a “mountain” I’ve climbed hundreds of times from when I was a child but not so often recently. I was totally shocked when Mark said he’d never been there before. We’ve been together 7 years and he lived in Mold for 2 years before that.

My mission over the next 12 months is to “walk” the 177 miles of the Offa’s Dyke path. It’s too close and too beautiful not to. I have no illusions that it will be easy and I don’t want to say how many sessions it will take me. I have a great deal of research to do before I formulate a plan. Maybe I’ll wait until the spring before I go on my first walk but I will do it.

Good luck to everyone at the Vit this weekend.

I will be on marshal duty at Llanrwst on Sunday. Really looking forward to it and rather sad I’m not competing but… the night before last year I wasn’t competing either but I finished it – with the hangover from hell. Let’s hope good sense prevails this year.

Oh and I've just got to put this in here too - I'm so proud. Cait took to GCSE's early and got an A in both English and Science

No comments: