Sunday 29 March 2009

Mind Games

“I am a weak, feeble, pathetic woman who is unworthy of success”

“I am a strong, confident, powerful woman capable of anything”

Just the two ideas floating around this week.

Had a bad start to the week. Nothing major just pains in my chest and sniffles so decided with Chirk so close I’d take it easy – well do nothing if I’m perfectly honest. Monday rolls into Tuesday and Wednesday and still nothing. By Thursday I’m going stir crazy so decided just to have a “little” run. Bearing in mind how awful I was last week I had little expectations. I flew.

Yesterday decided to do my normal 5k and took 4 minutes off last week’s time.

The biggie was today. Baring in mind I live in Mold I should really have done the old Mold sprint bike route. The problem is it’s let’s say a bit lumpy. I’ve done it once, I had to get off and push about 7 times, and I did take a detour up a virtual vertical ascent. I’ve set out to do it a few times and turned back. This morning, brilliant sunshine, wearing my new Tri-talk top had my determined head on so off I tootled. I lie to myself often but never more so than this morning. Just get to the 40mph sign and you can get off. OK just to the lights. Well you might as well push to the pub (husband said I’d NEVER get to the pub). Just to the lay by. A bit more to the 40mph sign. As if by magic I was by the second pub and just a bit further was the decent.

Woo hoo!

Then the words of a Wrecsam Tri guy took over. “The hill up to The Swan is the hardest part.” So that was it then. I’d done the hardest part so I couldn’t possibly have to get off so I didn’t. I was very tempted to take pictures. It was such a beautiful morning and it really is a very scenic route. I just couldn’t stop. I couldn’t look at my watch either. It’s the same distance as Chirk but that’s where the similarities end.

It took an hour and 37 minutes, 5 minutes longer than the last person in 2005 and 2006. I really don’t care though. Not having to get off was the goal. Just goes to show Tri-talk tops help you climb hills.

So, 4 weeks today is Chirk and as I am now this strong, confident woman I will not abuse my body with alcohol, junk food and late nights. I deserve to give me at least a fighting chance of a big improvement from last year.

So what else has been going on?

Morgan managed not only to delete mine and Cait’s Mii’s but has lost internet access, a game Jim downloaded and reset everyone’s scores to zero on the Wii. Well you’d have sworn he’s committed the worst sin in the history of sinland. Jim wouldn’t speak to him for 3 days and Mark well and truly threw his dummy out of the pram and deleted his own Mii in protest. It’s a game for heaven’s sake!

So with the body training pretty much back on track I need to sort out what’s going on in this jumbled up mess of a mind as I’m pretty convinced this week’s improvement has been “Mind over Matter”

No comments: