Sunday 9 December 2012

Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining


I don’t really know where to start with this one.


I’m jobless! The upshot is solicitors were involved and I’m prevented from discussing what compromises were made. The outcome is I'm happy.

I’ve been through the motions of registering with agencies. Explaining my CV and then being told there’s nothing at the moment but they’ll be in touch. I have had an interview which I totally blew by talking too much. All experience. All a learning curve.

We have decorated upstairs. The decorating was quite quick. The decluttering has taken forever. We are on first name terms with the guys at the local dump and the charity shops and I’ve never sold so much stuff on ebay, music magpie and mazuma. It’s been a truly cathartic experience.
My eye has been taken off the Outlaw ball but I’m well and truly focused now.

I was due to race a 10K last week and a half in February. My Coach was seriously concerned that I’m focusing on running and my lack of bike fitness is going to mean that I’m not even going to make the bike cut off and won’t have the opportunity to run. Consequently I didn't race last weekend, sold my half place and have biked, biked, biked and used the turbo – I hate it!

A very good friend expressed her concerns that in an effort to shift the weight I've got to lose I’m not going to be nutritionally fit to train so I've engaged the services of a nutritionist who is also an Ironman and I’m now confident that I can achieve both.

I know my swimming is inefficient. The tri specific coached sessions help but I’m not getting there fast enough so I have engaged a one to one coach and after just one session I've seen a vast improvement.

On Wednesday we went Christmas shopping and walking down the concrete stairs of the multi storey car park I felt a “problem” with my knee which got worse as the day went on. I had it looked at by my coach who prescribed gentle cycling and no running until today and then I was told to take it easy (let’s face it easy is the only way I know!) Today I ran for 35 minutes with no repercussions.

I’m not sure where I’m at. I’m not sure where I should be. Without the distraction of work I will be a full time athlete – at least until the end of the year. I've got almost a month to give it my all and then I’ll decide. To do or not to do and give up my place to somebody who’s better prepared. If I withdraw before 6 January I’ll only lose £25. I so desperately want to be an Outlaw in 2013.






This is a picture of the back of my hoodie

No comments: