Tuesday 19 January 2010

Here's To 2010

Here's to 2010
Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:25 pm LynneE

Have sadly neglected Blogland for quite a while so sincere apologies.

Have barely been ticking over but I am hanging in there.

Started working full time in a different department in September and have been ill pretty much since. Nothing too drastic just cough, cold, sore throat. The cough got on my chest and I ended up with antibiotics which cleared it for a week and then it was back with a vengeance.

I really wasn’t enjoying my work so started looking elsewhere. I applied for an Assistant Accountant’s position and heard nothing for a month. I also applied for an Accounts Administrator and a Payroll job. I was invited for an interview for all three. I was offered the Assistant Accountant position so declined the other two interviews.

As soon as I handed my notice my health improved dramatically. I felt really positive and was eager to rise to the challenge.

Drama they say is always present in this life that is Lynne’s.

Last Tuesday I was invited to meet the Finance Director and Financial Controller of a Company one of my friends had worked for. They offered me the position of Financial Accountant. Not only did the position come with a substantial salary increase and benefits (including AAT and CIMA funding) but it’s 5 minutes walk from home.

And that’s not my best Christmas present….

My husband and my big kids have ended a 3 year stand off so harmony is one more restored to the Evans household.

I wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2010 – the year I do a half marathon and an Olympic Tri.
_________________

No comments: