Monday 19 January 2009

Paul McKenna Really Does Work...
Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:23 pm LynneE


Paul McKenna
1. Eat when you’re REALLY hungry
2. Eat what you really want
3. Eat consciously
4. Stop When You’re Full
5. Drink Water

Common sense really. Decided not to drink alcohol too. Had an absolutely fabulous week. Lost 6lb. full of energy. Really positive. Friday, after a bad day in work had 3 cans of cider. Saturday blew the whole thing and put back on the 6lbs.

Weather’s been a bit counter productive to training. Did 2 gym sessions in the week. Intended to run yesterday but too icy and Morgan woke early. Intended to ride today but too windy. Getting sick of my own excuses.

Before Christmas read the thread about a cyclist dropping dead and remaining unidentified for a couple of days. This had been playing on my mind for a while even before I read the thread. I do tend to leave a note for Mark before I go out, telling him where I’m going and how long I’ll be but, by the time I get to the end of the road I’ve often changed my mind. I always take my phone but, if you were involved in a horrible crash that would probably be smashed too? I ordered dog tags and silicone bands from www.team-sport-bands.co.uk My dog tags have my name and address on one and contact Mark with the home and his mobile number on the other. I hope they’ll never be needed but I feel safer wearing them. Cait’s just got her name on one and date of birth on the other. I’ve got a glow in the dark wristband with my own inspirational message on. Jim’s got his name on his. The dog tags were £4.50 and the wristbands £2.00. Well worth it I think. So the forecast for this week is rain. I like rain. I can cope with rain. So the plan for this week. Back on the Paul McKenna eating regime (it’s NOT a diet) and 6 very hard training sessions will allow me a day off next Sunday.

No comments: