Monday 19 January 2009

Mojo For Sale!
Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:47 pm LynneE


Plenty to spare…. In fact I won’t sell it I’ll give it away!

Amazing really the difference a week makes and no logical explanations.

The “diet” that I’m not on is working a treat. Paul McKenna rocks. I’ve basically just cut out everything in between meals and reduced the portion size of my evening meal, I haven’t felt deprived. I honestly haven’t been hungry. It’s as if the importance of food has been put into perspective; eating to live rather than living to eat. I have listened to the CD twice. Once outside school waiting for the kids and the other time in the gym on the bike which was totally ludicrous. I do the visualisation exercises though and imagining myself slim and able to “do” is beneficial.

Well the plan was to do 6 tough training sessions this week. They haven’t been tough – so have I failed? I’ve done 7 training every day. Something I haven’t done in a long, long time, maybe never, if I’m totally honest. I’ve done 4 gym session, 2 on the bike, 1 on the treadmill and one on the cross trainer. I usually run with Sue on a Wednesday night. I have a wonderful habit of wimping out. I was absolutely determined to do my 6 sessions so told Sue I’d be doing it in the morning instead. I got up and it was really icy – I HAD to run. I’ve always struggled for the first 5 minutes. On Wednesday I pushed the pace and had been going for 10 minutes before I thought “Shit, I feel fine!” I even had to go the long way round and go round the block to make up the time.

Yesterday I ran the Mold Borders. There’s 2 lumpy bits. I actually ran up both hills but had to walk at the top of the first because the wind literally took my breath away. I always thought it was 5.6 miles and as I did it from home had always assumed I was getting 10k as near as damn it. It’s actually 5.3miles 8.5km, anyway, I took 4minutes off my time. This morning I got my bike out for the first time in months. I have no lights so practically the only time I can cycle is the weekend and it’s been either too icy or too windy for ages. As I struggled along I mentally wrote my blog. Gym miles is no substitute for road miles. I really must make more effort. Then I stopped beating myself up and came to the conclusion this is the 7th consecutive day of training and I’ve done very little over the past month or so. Of course I’m going to be tired. One thing that really concerned me though was I’ve lost my nerve on the downhills. In fairness it was quite windy and there was quite a lot of crap on the roads but I’ve still got to, as Sue would say, get out there and do.

On Thursday I got a mail from a friend giving me details of the Chester Half Marathon. It’s in May. Chirk’s the end of April, the Diva’s is in July so I think it will fit in very nicely thank you very much. It means I WILL do a half this year and won’t feel so bad about wimping out over Wrexham, next month.

I was discussing going to watch the 4 Villages and my manager overheard and piped up with “I’ve entered the Chester half.” It’s strange because she’s overweight (not as much as me) and hasn’t done any exercise for years. She’s having the midlife crisis I had 14 months ago. I’m so proud of her and amazed that she’s asking me for advice.

Sorry I didn’t get to watch this morning. Cait’s got tonsillitis, Jim’s suffering after having his brace tightened this week and Morgan’s got an eye infection.

Took Morgan to a Birthday Party in the local sports centre yesterday and asked when the pool would reopen. Not until the end of March, beginning of April. I really must find an alternative.

Plan for the week – rest day tomorrow and quality over quantity me thinks.

No comments: