Sunday 14 June 2009

Posted On Tri Talk Sunday 7 June

I'll be back
Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:30 pm LynneE

Looking at my last entry “things can’t get any worse?” Erm yup they can.

Not blogged because not done much. Mark’s been back and to, to Chesterfield. When he’s been away I couldn’t train (practicalities of looking after Morgan) and when he’s been home I didn’t want to train.

His Dad passed away on Friday. I decided I was giving up Triathlon as I can’t do the OW session this afternoon and I have no idea when Mark’s coming back so what’s the point?

I wrote probably the hardest letter I will ever have to write yesterday to his Mam. It was the kick up the @rse that I’ve needed. Mike, Mark’s Dad fought so hard against real obstacles, Parkinson’s a brain tumour and here’s pathetic old me giving up just because I’ve missed a few weeks training.

I may not be his blood relative but he taught me a lot – don’t know when but “I’ll be back”

And just in case anyone’s interested my tribute to a great man is on my Life of Lynne Blog. Michael Edward Evans 1.10.37-5.6.2009 Rest In Peace

No comments: