Sunday 12 February 2012

Biggest Loser Week 3

Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie
Which we ascribe to heaven.
~William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well


What I failed to mention in the last blog was that I developed a headache on my Saturday run. An absolutely banging, pulsating wanting to throw up headache. This lasted for a week. I did go to the Doctors. He diagnosed migraine. I, queen of self diagnosis (commonly called hypochondriac), diagnosed withdrawal symptoms of all the crap I’d been poisoning my body with for the past 48 years.

My 16 year old middle son is incredibly fit (did I mention he plays Academy Football and went to Benefice’s Academy last year and is off to Real Madrid’s Academy at Easter?) he’s off to college in September to do sports science so me in my infinite wisdom decided he could practice on me. He’s an absolute slave driver. I do the strength exercises until I physically feel I can do no more and he makes me do them all again, this time with “eye contact.” I’m really ready to divorce him. I am so close to tears. Never has no pain no gain meant so much to me. Physically my arms and legs are shaking when I’ve finished. I don’t enjoy it one bit. I love the feeling of satisfaction when it’s over.

I ran this morning and absolutely loved it.

Foodwise everything’s changed. Portion size has probably halved and I’m not hungry. The balance of the plate is completely different too. I made chilli last night and used half my regular amount of meat but bulked it up with extra tomato and beans. Snacking’s stopped and alcohol is banned from the house. I’m getting a bit OCD about the whole thing but I did go out with work on Wednesday for a fabulous meal. I just made informed choices and had a “couple” of glasses of wine. The difference was I was in control. Before I went I’d decided I wasn’t going to be a party pooper and because there was no guilt about “failing” the next day I got straight back on track.

I lost 4lb in week 2 and 2lb last week. That’s a stone in 3 weeks which equates to 5% of my body weight. I am currently ranked 124 of 768 in the Biggest Loser Fastrack Challenge of % weight loss, not that I’m competitive or anything.

No comments: